Zoo Med Mopani Wood
The Zoo Med Mopani Wood is an attractive two color African hardwood for aquariums or terrariums. The smooth surface, textured detail, and unique mottled color of the wood adds interest and enrichment to habitats. The wood can be used with plants to create the "naturalistic" look. One of the hardest and densest woods available, it sinks immediately in aquariums and unlike driftwood, will not rot.
- Soak wood in a separate container, and change water daily to remove excess tannins
- The wood will be ready when the water color goes from dark brown to a very light
- Adding extra carbon to your aquarium filter can help remove any remaining discoloration.
- One of the hardest and densest woods available
- Sinks immediately in aquariums and unlike driftwood
- All natural wood products leach tannins, which discolor water and reduce pH levels
- To remove excess tannins soak wood in a separate container and change water daily
- When water color goes from dark brown to a very light "tea" color, the wood is ready for your aquarium
- Adding extra carbon to your aquarium filter can help to remove any remaining discoloration