Marineland HOT Magnum 250
The Marineland HOT Magnum Canister Filter is a compact canister that runs efficiently and powerfully. Being light in weight, it hangs directly on the back of your aquarium. It comes with the ability to convert a continuous duty mechanical and chemical utility filter to a water polishing filter with micron filtration capability. The Magnum canister filter is equipped with a Carbon/Media Container and Water Polishing Micron Cartridge. It is powered by a self-starting pump that silently directs 250 gallons of water per hour through the advanced dual-flow core and sealed media. The Marineland HOT Magnum Canister Filter has an advanced motor design that ensures long life and corrosion-free reliability.
Marineland HOT Magnum 250 Pro Canister Filter
The unique feature included in the Marineland HOT Magnum 250 Pro Canister Filter is a BIO-Wheel PRO 30 Wet/Dry Biological Filter. The powerful, efficient and compact filter is simple to set up and easy to use. The self-starting pump directs a certified 250 gallons per hour through the advanced dual-flow core and sealed media. Ideal for multiple aquarium water polishing, it has a snap lock and leak-proof connectors, eliminating the need for hoses or tubing. Other features include patented self-priming, bottom-mounted motor for silent operation, and advanced motor design with high energy ceramic magnet. The adjustable split flow diffuser provides bi-directional water circulation.
Magnum 250 Features:
Compact and efficient
Filters 250 gallons per hour
Lightweight to hand back of aquarium
Adjustable slit flow diffuse
Magnum 250 Pro Features:
Unique advanced feature
Certified flow 250 gallons
Multiple tank usage
Magnum 250 Maintenance:
Frequent visual inspections of your filter are recommended. Unusual occurrences such as lack of water flow, excessive mechanical or water noise, cloudy or bad smelling water require immediate attention. To ensure best filter performance and maintain full water flow, we recommend regular cleaning and media changes at least every 2-4 weeks.
Easy cleaning steps:
1. Shut down system and remove canister.
2. Change the media. Remove the media and rinse thoroughly, then replace with new media. Remove the cartridge andrinse off all visible dirt. Your cartridge can be soaked in a solution of one part chlorine bleach and three parts water. Rinse the cartridge thoroughly until the bleach smell disappears.
3. Clean air ejector tube with nylon cleaning wand (included).
4. Clean canister thoroughly, especially sump area.
5. Clean impeller module - gently squeeze sides to pop open.
6. Clean impeller assembly and inspect for wear and smooth rotation. Replace any parts with noticeable wear.
7. Gently clean flat exhaust gaskets with warm water.
8. Wash d-ring seating area on canister and cover. Wet d-ring before installing.
9. Reassemble system and return to operation.
Magnum 250 Pro Maintenance:
1. Once every month, gently brush the BIO-Wheel’s housing and cover to remove any mineral or salt crust.
2. Once every month, clean the spray bar with rigid brush. To do so, shut off the water supply, release the clips and remove the spray bar.
3. Every three months, disconnect fittings and clean inside hose with Brush. Inspect O-rings for damage and replace if necessary.
4. A properly cultured BIO-Wheel is brown or discolored, and may rotate irregularly. This is normal. If it becomes so heavily cultured that it no longer rotates, gently rinse its surface to remove the heaviest buildup. Use only room temperature de-chlorinated water.
Magnum 250 - 3.7 LB
Magnum 250 Pro - 4 LB
Aquarium Size (Approx):
Magnum 250 - 55 Gal (208.19 L)
Magnum 250 Pro - 55 Gal (208.19 L)
Pump Output (Approx):
Magnum 250 - 250 GPH (946.35 LPH)
Magnum 250 Pro - 250 GPH (946.35 LPH)
Magnum 250 - 8.5" L x 5.8" W x 13.5" H
Magnum 250 Pro - 6" L x 9" W x 15" H