Montana Woodworks® Homestead Collection Unfinished Wood Dog Bed
“From the Mountains of Montana to Your Home”
From Montana Woodworks®, the largest manufacturer of handcrafted quality log furnishings in America comes the all new Homestead Collection line of furniture products. Handcrafted in the mountains of Montana using solid, American grown wood, the artisans rough saw all the timbers and accessory trim pieces for a look uniquely reminiscent of the timber-framed homes once found on the American frontier.
Montana Woodworks® Homestead Collection Unfinished (ready-to-finish) Dog Beds are made from pine logs that are harvested in the Kootenai National Forest and are specifically chosen due to their superior strength vs. weight ratio. Skilled woodsmen select each tree with an attentive eye toward quality and, straightness, and size of each piece. Montana Woodworks Artisans then use the mortise and tenon joinery system to ensure that your dog’s bed withstands years of use.
The Montana Woodworks® Homestead Collection Unfinished (ready-to-finish) Dog Beds come with a luxurious, fleeced lined mattress for a comfortable, healthy rest.
Environmental responsibility is more than just a phrase at Montana Woodworks®. We are truly dedicated to ensuring the sustainability of nature’s finest treasures for future generations to use and enjoy.
- Handcrafted in Montana, USA
- Made from solid, American grown lodge pole pine
- Homestead Collection – Unfinished (ready-to-finish)
- Elegant rustic design
- Luxurious fleece mattress
- Comes with limited 20 year manufacturer’s warranty
Bed: (26” W x 21” D x 17” H)
Mattress: (16” W x 20” L)
Weight: 26 lbs
Bed: (34” W x 23” H x 44” L)
Mattress: (30” W x 40” L)
Weight: 77 lbs*
*Additional shipping costs apply
Some assembly required
Solid lodge pole pine
All log furniture is subject to the natural process of "checking". Checking or cracking occurs when the wood releases moisture during the natural drying process and often occurs across the annual growth rings. Checking does not affect the structural performance or integrity of the wood. The degree of checking will vary from product to product and even from log to log. Small pinholes scattered throughout some logs create additional contrast and beauty.
These characteristics add to the uniqueness of our furniture and lend it a unique rustic appeal that is so very popular with rustic furniture owners.
Ready to Finish (for unfinished products):
- The term “Ready to Finish” is used to describe items that are not yet finished, i.e., they require minimal preparation work and some type of high quality finish such as varnish, lacquer, exterior stain, etc. in order to protect them from U.V. and weather damage.
- It is essential to finish the item(s) before exposure to U.V. rays and weather as both will adversely affect the lifespan of the item. Failure to finish the item may void warranty.
- When choosing a finish, we strongly recommend purchasing a high quality exterior finish as doing so will minimize future efforts necessary to maintain the finish and protect the item.
- You may apply a colored stain prior to the application of the final finish thereby matching existing colors or items.
- Follow manufacturer’s directions as printed on the product label to ensure finish is properly applied. This will not only reduce the time before re-application but will more effectively protect the item being finished
- Most finish manufacturer’s recommend an annual inspection of the finished item. Doing so will prevent unwarranted weather damage to the item.
Covered by 20-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.