ECLIPSE 3 + FELV Cat Vaccine 25x1ml vials
The ECLIPSE 3 + FELV Cat Vaccine 25x1ml vials is a combination vaccine that makes uses of the benefits of the two vaccination i. e. Eclipse* 3 and Fevaxyn* FeLV. Eclipse 3 vaccine is a modified live virus vaccine for the vaccination of healthy cats, which is useful in the prevention of disease, caused by feline rhinotracheitis calici and panleukopenia viruses. Suggested for vaccination of healthy cats as a preventive measure against lymphoid tumors caused by diseases related with feline leukemia virus (FeLv), the Fevaxyn FeLV also avoids persistent viremia in cats exposed to virulent feline leukemia virus. Fevaxyn FeLV contains a tissue culture derived feline leukemia virus Subgroups A and B. The virus has been chemically inactivated and combined with a proprietary adjuvant designed to augment the immune response.
· Combines the benefits of ECLIPSE 3 and FEVAXYN FeLV in one vaccination
· FEVAXYN FeLV is one of the most thoroughly tested, fully researched FeLV vaccines on the market
· Independent research on FEVAXYN FeLV documents highly effective protection against persistent viremia, transient iremia and latent infections
· Independent study shows 100 % protection against transient viremia for FEVAXYN FeLV
· FEVAXYN FeLV has a documented 1-year duration of immunity challenge study
· FEVAXYN FeLV helps protect against lymphoid tumors caused by Feline Leukemia Virus infection
· IM or SQ administration
· Transfer contents of the Fevaxyn FeLV vial to the Eclipse 3 vial aseptically. Mix gently until dissolved. Use entire contents immediately after rehydration.
· Prior to use warm the Fevaxyn FeLV to room temperature and shake well.
· Two doses are required for primary immunization.
· Initial vaccination: Inject 1 dose (1 ml) subcutaneously or intramuscularly at 9 weeks of age or older.
· Second vaccination: Inject 1 dose (1 ml) subcutaneously or intramuscularly 3 to 4 weeks following the initial vaccination.
· Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended.
· Store at 2-7oC
· Do not freeze
· Do not mix with other vaccines
· Use new non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes
· Burn vaccine container and all unused contents
· Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
· Some reports suggest that in cats the administration of certain veterinary biologicals may induce the development of injection-site fibrosarcomas.
· Do not vaccinate pregnant cats.
· The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine corticosteroids and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
· It is important to realize that certain conditions and event may cause some cats to be unable to develop or maintain an adequate immune response following FeLV vaccination. Prior exposures to the disease or disease latency are conditions in which vaccination may not alter the course of the disease. Therefore diagnostic testing of all cats for FeLV antigen prior to vaccination is recommended. Also vaccination with this product will not offer cross-protection against feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) another feline retrovirus. It is important to advise the cat owner of these situations prior to vaccination.