Brightwell Neo Zeo Zeolite Media
The Brightwell Neo Zeo Zeolite Media is a unique zeolitic medium that helps in selective removal of dissolved organic compounds through ionic and molecular adsorption. This media also helps in achieving passive uptake via beneficial microbes that colonize the media. The combined result of these processes gives you improved water quality as well as an important source of food (bacterioplankton) for corals and other suspension-feeding organisms.
- Provides a colonization site for the microorganisms responsible for nitrification, denitrification, and organic waste degradation in marine aquaria
- Helps establish biological filtration when used in conjunction with Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7 and Reef BioFuel
- Helps maintain an ultra-low nutrient environment to enable coral coloration without interference from zooxanthellae pigmentation
- Rinse in freshwater prior to initial placement in aquarium system
- Once the first 5 weeks of usage have passed, adjust the dosage of MicroBacter7 and Reef BioFuel according to the appearance of the system
- Due to the highly-porous nature of NeoZeo and the rate at which it is colonized by microbes, some degree of surface impaction with latent organic material and microbial biomass will invariably occur with time